INTRATHECAL DRUG DELIVERY- ONLINE COURSE OCTOBER 2021
This course is designed for pain practitioners (pain specialists, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons) utilizing intrathecal drug delivery for pain management both in cancer and non cancer patients. Also interesting for those who treat severe spasticty.
Physicians attending the course should have at least 2 years of practice with ongoing use of Intrathecal drug delivery techniques in the treatment of chronic pain and/or spasticity patients, and with basic knowledge of spinal analgesia using intrathecal drug delivery.
After participation in this educational meeting, participants should have an understanding of:
1. Basic neuroanatomy related with the performance of intrathecal drug delivery
2. Current imaging and neurophysiology relevant for performing diagnosis and performing the intrathecal drug delivery for pain & spasticity treatment
3. Identify questions that need to be addressed to increase knowledge of intrathecal techniques used in chronic pain treatment
4. Current indications of Intrathecal drug delivery in chronic pain and recommendations for the evaluation and management of these pain conditions
5. Evidence-Based recommendations and strategies in the patient screening and follow-up, in the managemet of intrathecal drug delivery analgesia
6. Learning Case scenarios for the acquisition of critical assessment and management skills
INTERVENTIONAL PROCEDURES AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE COURSE: COURSE 5th
AIM OF THE COURSE and TARGET AUDIENCE
The aim of this course is to provide the
participant information and all possibilities pain medicine today provides for
the management of patients with chronic pain. The correct diagnosis and appropriate
therapeutic selection will be the keys to the success of treatment achieved.
This course is designed for Pain physicians or pain medicine fellows in training (pain specialists, anesthesiologists,
neurosurgeons), interested in the practice of pain
management, who seek the latest developments in interventional
techniques, also seeking CME credit hours and introduction or review of proven
interventional techniques, The participants of this course must have basic
knowledge of pain medicine and practice of interventional procedures. The course serves to introduce new ways of
working, consolidate previously acquired knowledge and teach new procedures to
improve the professional capacity of the physician.
RECOMMENDED BOOKS AS REFERENCE PREPARATION
- S. Diwan, P. Staats Atlas of Pain
medicine Procedures. Mc Graw – Hill Education.Medical 2015.
- P. Raj, L. Lou Interventional Pain
Management: Image-guided Procedures. Saunders/Elsevier, 2008
- SN. Narouze. Atlas of Ultrasound-Guided
Procedures in Interventional Pain Management. Springer, 2011
- MA. Reina, J De Andres, A. Hadzic,
A.Prats-Galino, X Sala-Blanch. Atlas of functional anatomy for regional
anesthesia and Pain Medicine. Springer, 2015
BY ATTENDING, PARTICIPANT WILL BE ABLE TO:
should be able to integrate multiple aspects of ultrasound and fluoroscopy in
interventional pain management in treating their patients so that patients have
better outcomes. Regenerative Medicine is a new portfolio of procedures, for its application alone, or in combination
with interventional procedures, for an outcome improvement, in the treatment of
the patient with chronic pain.
course will promote a better understanding of the anatomy and pathophysiology,
involved in chronic pain, and critically
review novel state-of-the-art interventional techniques for management of
chronic pain. We offer the most updated education in pain medicine covering
head upper, lower extremities, trunk and pelvic-perineal procedures.
Our faculty consists of internationally
renowned experts in the field of interventional techniques.