NEUROSTIMULATION-COURSE 16th -CLINICAL & BASIC SCIENCE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT
1.- TARGET AUDIENCE
This advanced course is designed for pain practicioners (pain specialists, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons) utilizing invasive techniques for pain management. Physicians attending the course should have at least 2 years of practice with ongoing use of neuromodulation techniques in the treatment of chronic pain patients.
After participation in this educational meeting, participants should have an understanding of:
- Basic neuroanatomy related with the performance of pain therapies.
- Clinical evidence regarding new and evolving treatments for the treatment of pain.
- Current imaging and electrophysiological technologies relevant for performing diagnosis and performing the invasive tecniques for pain treatment.
- Common clinical problems in chronic pain and current recommendations for the evaluation and management of these pain conditions.
- Evidence-Based treatments in pain medicine.
- Identify questions that need to be addressed to increase knowledge of neuromodulation techniques use in pain treatment.
- How to design the Pain studies for obtaining better the evidence.